Helping BYU's many websites work together as one.
Design guidelines for BYU’s web space are intended to
- identify university websites through clear BYU branding,
- provide a consistent user experience across campus, and
- offer flexibility for varying communications needs.
The design guidelines emphasize a few key features:
- Header: The header bar includes the BYU monogram at the left for clear university branding. To the right of the monogram is the title of the web page.
- Navigation Bar: A consistent navigation bar facilitates a user friendly experience across BYU's web space. Industry best practices suggest menus should be limited to five or six items of one or two words each; drop-down menus can show additional items.
- Main Content: Between the navigation bar and footer is your canvas to create whatever content and functionality you need.
- Area Footer: The area footer includes contact information (left column), supplementary links or information (middle column), and social media links (right column).
- University Footer: The university footer should be included on all BYU webpages. It indicates university ownership and provides copyright and university contact information.
BYU Websites is a campus website management and hosting service meant to improve and simplify campus web publishing. It provides cloud hosting, security, round-the-clock monitoring, and ADA-compliant accessible design templates.
BYU Websites uses the BYU web design guidelines outlined above. University web pages are strongly encouraged to use BYU Websites.